this is the second announcement for the 17th European Solar Physics Meeting (ESPM-17) that will take place in Turin (Italy) in the period 9-13 September, 2024.
ESPMs are organized by the Board of the European Solar Physics Division (ESPD), a Division of the European Physical Society (EPS). This will be the first in-person ESPM after the stop due to the worldwide pandemic.
The scientific program of the next ESPM meeting will be organized around the following topics:
- Solar interior, sub-surface flows and long-term variability
- Fundamental mechanisms of solar plasmas: magnetic reconnection, waves, radiation and particle acceleration
- Energy and mass transfer throughout the solar atmosphere and structures within
- Multi-scale energy release, flares and coronal mass ejections
- Space weather and the solar-heliospheric connections
- Diagnostic tools and numerical methods in solar physics
The meeting will start on the morning of September 9, and will finish around noon on September 13. The afternoon of September 11 will be dedicated to social excursions, and the conference dinner will be held on September 12. A welcome reception will be offered on Sunday 8 late afternoon.
Online registration and abstract submission will open in early spring 2024. The ESPM-17 Local and Scientific Organizing Committees are currently working to secure funding that will hopefully provide limited travel and/or local support mainly to young researchers.
Further details related to registration fees, abstract submission, accommodation, financial assistance and relevant deadlines will be circulated in a third announcement and will also be available on the meeting’s website:
We look forward to welcoming you in Turin,
the ESPM-17 LOC.