Home » Positions
Category Archives: Positions
- Institute for Astronomy (IfA) University of Hawaii – Tenure-Track Assistant or Associate Astronomer in Solar Physics
- International Space Science Institute, Bern, Switzerland – Director for Astrophysics Position
- University of Sheffield, UK – Two Postdoctoral Research Associates (PDRAs) in Solar Physics
- National Solar Observatory, Boulder, Colorado – Postdoctoral Research Associate
- University of Colorado Boulder, Colorado – George Ellery Hale Postdoctoral Fellowship Position in Solar, Stellar and Space Physics
I am pleased to inform you that we have 13 research posts that will be
soon made available in the scope of a new Marie Skłodowska-Curie
Innovative Training Network that I am leading. The project is called
TREASURE, standing for
*T*raining, *RE*search and *A*pplications network to *S*upport the
*U*ltimate *R*eal time high accuracy *E*GNSS solution
For details please see the attached pdf and feel free to circulate among potential candidates.
Marcio H O Aquino
Post-doctoral Researcher Position at the International Space Science Institute, Bern, Switzerland
The International Space Science Institute (ISSI), Bern, Switzerland is seeking to appoint a post-doctoral researcher for 2 years primarily to work on a Horizon 2020 project, MiARD, the Multi Instrument Analysis of Rosetta Data. The post will involve two main strands, namely:
- Assessment of the potential dangers to interplanetary spacecraft from cometary dust through the use of existing models such as ESA’s “Interplanetary Meteoroid Environment Model” (IMEM) by the updating of such models with new information derived from Rosetta data.
- Study of the development of gas and dust activity triggered by different volatiles when comet 67P was approaching the Sun through the analysis and interpretation of data from various Rosetta instruments.
These activities will involve working with collaborators at partner institutes in Switzerland, France and Germany and with staff at ISSI. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of relevant aspects of cometary science with most likely a background in planetary science, physics, chemistry or related subjects. A small amount of time will also be available for the candidate’s personal research. Involvement in ISSI’s programme of activities would also be possible (details at www.issibern.ch). This position is available for an immediate start. Salary and conditions of employment will be similar to those provided by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
The application should include a motivation letter, the curriculum vitae, the list of publications and the names, addresses and means of contact of three references, not exceeding 7 pages in total. It shall be addressed to ISSI, attn. Professor John Zarnecki, Hallerstrasse 6, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland; email: email@example.com and John.Zarnecki@issibern.ch with copy to: Professor Rafael Rodrigo; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions by email are preferred provided all the documents are in the form of a single PDF file.
All applications must be received by ISSI no later than January 31st, 2017.
For informal discussion and further details, please contact:
Professor John Zarnecki (J.C.Zarnecki@open.ac.uk) or
Professor Rafael Rodrigo (email@example.com)
- Dunn Solar Telescope, Sunspot, NM – Software Engineer
- Dunn Solar Telescope, Sunspot, NM – Telescope Observer
- Dunn Solar Telescope, Sunspot, NM – Telescope System Engineer
- Stockholm University – PhD Student Position in Solar Physics
- Kiepenheuer Institut für Sonnenphysik – Post Doctoral Position (update)
- Max-Planck Partner Group of MPS, Göttingen at IUCAA, Pune – Post-Doctoral Position
- Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS) – Postdoctoral and PhD Positions in Solar/Stellar Physics (SOLVe project) – Reminder
- Nordita Fellowships 2017–2019
- 2017 Jack Eddy Postdoctoral Fellowships
- University of Oslo, Norway – Post-doc Position in Solar Physics (Solar ALMA Project)
- University of Oslo, Norway – PhD Position in Solar Physics (Solar ALMA Project)
- Joint Tenure-track Faculty Position at the University of Colorado Boulder and the National Solar Observatory
o Kiepenheuer Institut fuer Sonnenphysik — Post Doctoral Position
o Istituto Ricerche Solari Locarno (IRSOL) Switzerland — Doctoral and Postdoctoral Positions in Solar Physics
o IUCAA, Pune — Vaidya-Raychaudhuri Post-Doctoral Positions
o IUCAA, Pune — Post-Doctoral Positions