- the development of scientific and technological research in the fields of Space Weather: space physics, cosmic rays, physics of the sun and the solar wind, physics of sun-earth relationships and of the magnetosphere, geomagnetism, ionosphere, as well as all the related sectors.
- the educational activities, specialization and professional qualification in the fields of interest of the Group.
In particular, the Group, within the areas of interest, it is aimed at:
- Promote scientific collaboration between participants and between the home Academic and Research Institutes, as well as between other national and international Institutes of Research and Technological Development;
- Promote the joint participation to the study and coordination of scientific initiatives within projects and national and international cooperation agreements;
- Promote the activation of PhDs courses, advanced training courses, post-graduate and post-doctoral courses, and in general high-level teaching activities and seminars;
- Promote the exchange of instrumentation and the development of common general services such as the coordination of observational networks and forecasting studies;
- Promote the transfer of knowledge and technologies to the user community;
- Promote the mutual hospitality of academic, research and technical staff at the corresponding home institutions;
- Promote congress and popular science activities.
SWICo has a President and 7 people belonging to a Directive Board; more than 100 italian Academics, Researchers, and Technologists belong to SWICO. The minutes of the board meetings are available here.